Located in Bellefonte, PA, Actuated Medical is ISO 13485:2003 and WBE certified. We employ an FDA compliant 7–stage
development cycle that is facilitated by our suite of prototyping, machining
and manufacturing equipment. We are able to quickly build 3D prototypes as well as maintain everything from fast–track design development to full–scale light manufacturing.
Selected equipment includes:
- Makerbot Rapid Prototyping 3–D Printer – Builds up prototype
designs from extruded ABS plastic using an FDM process in five
different colors. Parts can be imported and made directly from
SolidWorks, Pro/ENGINEER, Autodesk Inventor files. Parts
produced by this machine are generally used for visualization,
fit, or ergonomics purposes (i.e., handset shape and comfort).
- Roland MDX–40A Milling Machine – Highly automated miniature
milling machine produces prototypes out of a wide variety of
plastics such as ABS, Delrin, HDPE, polypropylene and nylon.
Unlike other rapid prototyping processes, this system produces
high quality surface finishes and completely functional parts.
- Pick–and–Place Machine – Enables assemblers to fabricate
small, high-quality components such as printed circuit boards,
miniature or delicate mechanical assemblies and small piezo-
- Hardinge HNC CNC Lathe – Retrofitted with the latest Centroid
controller and equipment, this 5 HP CNC lathe utilizes quick
and simple shop floor programming to begin machining your
prototype components faster. Permits production–quality and
precision prototypes to be manufactured on site for quicker eval-
uation by the customer or end user. In addition, this machine is
used for production runs of some components.
- Atrump E216 Maxi–Mill CNC Machining Center – A 7.5 HP vertical
machining center with 16 position automatic tool changer and shop
floor programming, this machining center enables high quality engineering prototypes to be made quickly in–house as well as
production on low to moderate quantities.
- Mechanical and Electrical Testing and Analysis Equipment – Offers the ability to quickly test the electrical properties (resistance, power, voltage, impedance, etc.) or mechanical properties (force, displacement, strain, torque, etc.) of devices or prototypes.
All trademarks listed on this page are the property of their respective owners.